Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Italian Wedding Soup




from Giada de Laurentis' Everyday Italian. Recipe here.

(Giada de Laurentis is so sexy I can't believe she cooks and eats what she cooks. Her head is disturbingly large for her body, though...or is it just her hair that makes it seem that way?)

I followed Giada's recipe except:
*I used a beef-and-buffalo combination instead of beef-and-pork.
*I also used baby spinach leaves instead of escarole
*I cooked the meatballs for a total of about 25 minutes, since I didn't think 8 minutes would be enough to cook them through
*I used orzo to add more carbohydrates, but according to Benjie not enough orzo.
*I skipped the egg-cheese thing at the end. I figured that Teo and Benjie had had enough egg today!!

Results well received. Teo ate about 5 meatballs so he must have been really hungry! And aside from looking for more orzo Benjie enjoyed the soup too.

No comments: