Monday, April 2, 2007

Dedicated to Julie Powell & Adam Roberts

--who are the biggest inspirations for this blog.

I luuuurve Adam's blog. He is funny and down to earth and he just makes me want to move to NY so I can eat at all the restaurants he's reviewed. I've cooked two of the recipes he's written about (though not yet the one he made up himself)--I haven't tried more because I'm way cheaper than he is, plus I live with a toddler(who has days when he'll eat anything I put in front of him, and days when he'll eat only cheese) and a husband who would eat the same thing at every meal if I let him.

I just finished Julie's book and love it as well. I have no ambition or time to replicate her project, but I do want to keep a record of what I make in the kitchen and how my boys react to my efforts. (Plus I feel this'll be a good way to store recipes I like from magazines and chuck them without feeling dread about trying to find the damn recipe when I need it!)

This blog is also inspired by other foodies and food writers--Ruth Reichl, Bill Buford, Mark Bittman (although I take umbrage with Mark's assertion that the Philippines has only one dish worth including in his newest book).

The blog name is misleading...I don't cook every day, but I do try to cook at least 4 days of the week.

This blog won't be anywhere as well-written as Amateur Gourmet or Julie & Julia but I'm fine with that. (I'm sure the 3 of you who'll bother to read my entries will be too!)

I do promise to include photos as often as I can!

No comments: