Sunday, June 3, 2007

Dulce De Leche Brownies


This was a weekend of trying out Adam (Amateur Gourmet)'s recent recommendations.

He links to David Lebovitz's recipe for Dulce De Leche Brownies.

This was my second attempt to make this recipe, as I mistakenly bought caramel instead of DDL last weekend. (BTW, caramel works, just not as wicked as these!)

DDL is I think among my top 3 favorite ice cream flavors, so I was really looking forward to these! Plus I love how you basically just get 2 containers dirty--the saucepan, where you melt the butter & chips, and the brownie pan.

I followed the recipe to a T except I think I didn't use enough DDL. (I used a store brand. Making my own is a pain to the wallet, since a small container of condensed milk in WF costs more than half what one bottle of DDL does--and I can get 2-3 brownie pans out of the bottle!)

These came out beautifully moist, and not too sweet. I'm tempted to try it next time with Splenda instead of sugar.

No comments: